Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Waiting for the mailman

The bulk of the multicopter parts are on order from HobbyKing USA. But since this is just a local shopping site for an Asian manufacturer and distributor, the parts will be taking quite some time to get here. Tracking lists the items as processing at the sorting center in Singapore, awaiting shipping to the USA. Interesting, since HobbyKing has been loudly congratulating themselves on the opening of the US warehouse. That explains why shipping was so expensive, I suppose.

 Meanwhile, UPS estimates that my props will arrive from Aeroquad on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. I supposed I can show them to the family, thus avoiding awkward or dull conversations for at least 15 minutes.

 The Beginner Makes a Multicopter blog will be taking a holiday hiatus, as you might guess. Not only am I awaiting parts, but I will be working on location shooting junior football tournaments in Auburn, WA in between holiday meals with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment