Monday, December 12, 2011

A little more work over the weekend.

Not much done this weekend or Monday, due to other commitments. But I did get the power "spider" finished and sandwiched in between the top deck and the bottom deck.

Someone should tin his wires better before soldering a joint...
Tip to the beginner: melting solder produces heat in your wires high enough to melt your hot glue. Expect to require three hands (like usual). But the drilled holes did a great job of holding all of the wires together at the junction point. And the hot glue should insulate the top and bottom sets.


Monday evening is being spent reversing the axles on my brushless motors so the propeller turns above the quadcopter, not below it.

Tuesday I have another project (and some Skyrim), so expect little or no post on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work! Your inspiring me to build my own. I have similar interests in flying a camera, but more on the cinematography side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had more free time in the previous weeks, but I intend to do a big push this weekend to get all of the parts assembled and do the initial test.

    I also am aiming at cinematography, which is why I post videos every Friday. I could use more gigs that pay $200 an hour...

    Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete